Policies + Procedures
Below you'll find information on Eligibility, Registration, and the forms for the additional documentation you'll need to get your student registered for Afterschool Labs.You'll also find a button to download the complete Afterschool Labs Parent Guide, which contains our complete Policies + Procedures.
Afterschool Labs takes students on an exploratory journey into a variety of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) disciplines. Students become experts on the theme of each ten-day STEAM module as they deepen their knowledge through inquiry-based learning and interactive experimentation. These lessons are designed to foster collaborative thinking, problem solving, and teamwork. In addition, Afterschool Labs provides time for snack, free play, homework, and team building challenges. Tuition for Afterschool Labs includes all snacks and educational supplies, as well as quality instruction from a team of trained Afterschool Labs Leaders.
Click below to expand each section for more information:
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to attend Afterschool Labs:
- Must be enrolled in at LEAD Academy.
- Must be at least four years of age.
- Must be fully toilet-trained.
- Must be able to participate in an environment where the teacher-to-student ratio ranges from 1:15 - 1:20.
- Must be able to work with other children collaboratively on project-based activities in which supplies and workspaces are shared.
- Must be able to safely play with other students without presenting a physical threat to others or oneself.
- Must be able to participate in open areas, such as cafeteria, playground, and gymnasium, without risk of flight or need of restraint.
To register for Afterschool Labs, click enroll now. Complete the registration form, and pay the $30 registration fee. The registration fee must be paid in order to for the registration form to be approved.The registration fee will not be waived or refunded.
In addition, students must meet eligibility requirements in order for the registration form to be approved. If a student has an Individual Health Plan or an Individualized Education Program, additional information may be requested prior to approval of the registration form.
The registration form must be approved in order for students to attend Afterschool Labs. Once erollment has been approved, parents/guardians will receive their Enrollment Approved email with a start date.
- To complete additional documentation for Afterschool Labs, please click on the forms provided below.
- Photo and Video Release Form
- School Medication Prescriber Parent Authorization (PPA) Form
For a comprehensive explanation of all Afterschool Labs Policies + Procedures please be sure and download our Afterschool Labs Parent Guide, which contains important policies + procedures regarding:
- Program Overview
- Program Locations
- Operational Hours
- Daily Schedule
- STEAM Lessons
- Maker Days
- Young Scholars + Athletes
- Study Stars
- Free + Guided Play
- School Service Days
- Fun Fridays
- STEAM Unit Displays
- School Break Labs
- Eligibility Requirements
- Registration Procedures
- Attendance Policy
- Parental Conduct Policy
- Student Pick-Up Procedures
- Student Nutrition
- Personal Belongings Policy
- Severe Weather Days
- Heath + Safety
- Student Rights + Responsibilities
- Student Discounts
- Late Payment + Late Pick-Up Fees
- Payment Methods + Procedures
- Student Withdrawal Policy
- Childcare Management Agency (CMA) Policy